Lecturer / Senior Lecturer
BA (Hons) Fashion
1.0 Full-Time permanent appointment
Grade: Lecturer / Senior Lecturer
This is an exciting and unique opportunity, which offers the chance to contribute to the evolution of a new generation of internationally facing fashion designers in Russia.
We are looking to appoint a talented lecturer / senior lecturer to join and further support the ambitions of the BA (Hons) Fashion team, and to continue the high quality provision that the programme has been recognised for to date.
Since the introduction of the BA (Hons) Fashion Design programme 8 years ago, the course has gained both local and international recognition for its innovative and forward thinking graduates.
The course has established strong international links and annually participates in a number of high profile live projects that further enhance and enrich the curriculum and student experience. Additionally BA (Hons) Fashion graduates are selected to showcase and launch their final degree collections as part of the official schedule at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, Russia. Our alumni are therefore ambassadors for change and embrace the responsibility to challenge, re-define and further establish the Russian Fashion industry and its profile both in Moscow and internationally.
The geographic and educational context of studying a British Art & Design degree in Moscow is central to the dynamism and spirit of the degree programmes at BHSAD. As with all of our undergraduate Degree provision, the BA (Hons) Fashion programme is accredited by our partner institution, The University of Hertfordshire.
This position presents the opportunity to join and contribute to a vibrant and dynamic school of Art and Design based in the centre of Moscow that has been at the forefront of Art & Design education in Russia since its inception in 2003.
Salary rate: 36000–48000 GBP, depending on position applied for, your grade and experience. Russian Income Tax is currently set at a flat rate of 13%.
Additional benefits: The School provides visa support, medical insurance, flights, re-location assistance including finding accommodation, Russian language classes and 35 days annual leave.
Place of work: Moscow, Russia. The School is within an Arts district located close to the city centre (just 1 stop from Red Square) and within close proximity to several metro lines.
Start Date: If successful you will be expected to be settled in Moscow before the start of the 2016/17 academic year and suggest that you arrive during the week of 22nd August in order to find accommodation and subsequently be ready to start work at BHSAD on Monday 29th August 2016.
If you would like to apply
Please read through the following Job Description and Person Specification for the post that you are interested in.
The Job Description outlines the main duties of the post. The Person Specification outline the skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications the School requires. It is important to make reference to the Person Specification within your application cover letter.
Please refer to this Lecturer Job Application Pack pdf (10 MB) which contains a comprehensive overview of the school and the Lecturer position, including Job Description and Person Specification. Additionally a simplified, text only version of the Lecturer post is available here (150 KB).
Please refer to this Senior Lecturer Job Application Pack pdf (10 MB) which contains a comprehensive overview of the school and the Senior Lecturer position, including Job Description and Person Specification. Additionally a simplified, text only version of the Senior Lecturer post is available here (150 KB).
Then please send the following to Ekaterina Drozdova, Human Resources Manager quoting reference:
BAFASH/L if you are applying for the Lecturer position, or
BAFASH/SL if you are applying for the Senior Lecturer position,
1. A supporting statement demonstrating your suitability for the post. Please ensure this covers the essential criteria outlined within the Person Specification, providing examples to demonstrate / illustrate your suitability for this position. Please also state why you feel you are able to re-locate to Moscow at this time. This is equally important as we need to understand how you will be able to commit to a potential relocation to Moscow.
2. A pdf overview of your teaching practice. This should include examples of:
i. project briefs that you have written and delivered;
ii. examples of work produced by students that you have taught (annotated / contextualised);
iii. examples of timetabling / curriculum design / scheme’s of work that illustrate programme / project delivery
3. A pdf portfolio of your own professional practice;
4. Your CV.
Closing Date: 09:00 am GMT, Tuesday 3rd May 2016
Interviews: Interviews will be held in the UK at The University of Hertfordshire on Tuesday 17th May. Alternative interview arrangements can be made if necessary.
For more information about BA (Hons) Fashion:
- For an overview of the BA (Hons) Fashion programme and examples of student work, please see this pdf presentation (15MB)
- To view the BA (Hons) Fashion 2015 Graduate Degree Show at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Russia, please see this video and this Russian Vogue photo report
- To view the BA (Hons) Fashion 2014 Graduate Degree Show at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Russia, please see this video and this photo report
For more information about the British Higher School of Art & Design:
- To view a short video about the school and the surrounding area made by 2nd year BA (Hons) Graphic Design students, please see this video
More information about Moscow:
- The Calvert Journal is a London based guide to the contemporary arts and culture of Moscow, Russia and Eastern Europe
- The Guardian recently hosted 'Moscow week' which has some interesting articles
- ‘Best in Moscow’ is a good guide to new and interesting places in Moscow
- You may also visit www.herts.ac.uk for more information about the University of Hertfordshire