If you would like to apply for the Programme Leader post, please view this page.
Assistant Programme Leader
Foundation Diploma Art & Design
1.0 Full-Time permanent appointment
Grade: Senior Lecturer
We currently seek to appoint an Assistant Programme Leader, and lecturer to contribute to the running of our well established and successful Foundation Diploma in Art & Design programme. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to assist in leading a high calibre, internationally facing Foundation programme, within the context of a vibrant and dynamic Art School in the centre of Moscow.
We are looking for applicants with several years experience of leading or making a significant contribution to the leadership of FE Art and Design programmes, either specifically on Foundation or other equivalent pre-degree / HE preparatory courses.
Applicants will be ambitious and highly motivated, possess excellent communication skills and be team players with the ability to inspire, lead and manage staff and students.
The British Higher School of Art & Design has been at the forefront of Art & Design education in Russia over the past 13 years and continues to establish an international reputation as a provider of high quality, innovative and creative undergraduate and pre-degree programmes in partnership with the University of Hertfordshire.
The Foundation programme was established shortly after the founding of the School in 2003 and follows a UK Level 3/4 Foundation Diploma in Art & Design programme specification. Currently it has pathways in Fine Art, Fashion, 3D Design and Communication Design, all of which retain a comparable atmosphere and level of student work to that of a UK Level 3/4 Foundation programme.
The programme has grown year on year to become the largest programme at BHSAD and the only one of it’s kind in Russia. Typically there are yearly cohorts of around 200 full time and part time students studying and working in dedicated studios and across shared 3D, printmaking, ceramics, fashion, photography, darkroom and digital workshops.
A team of experienced lecturers and subject specialists consisting of international and local full time and part time staff, contribute to the learning experience of students on Foundation and help to create a culturally rich and vibrant course.
Teaching & Learning is in English with the primary objective of the course to prepare students for progression onto one of our six successful and ambitious BA (Hons) Degree programmes validated and accredited by our partner institution the University of Hertfordshire.
Salary rate: 40,000–45,000 GBP. Monthly salary will be paid in the Russian Ruble equivalent of the agreed GBP monthly salary rate. Russian Income Tax is currently set at a flat rate of 13%.
Additional benefits: The School provides visa support, medical insurance, flights, re-location assistance including finding accommodation, Russian language classes, and 35 days annual leave.
Place of work: Moscow, Russia. The School is within an Arts district located close to the city centre being just 1 stop from Red Square and within close proximity to several metro lines.
Start Date: If successful you will be expected to be settled in Moscow before the start of the 2016/17 academic year and suggest that you arrive during the week of 22nd August in order to find accommodation and subsequently be ready to start work at BHSAD on Monday 29th August 2016.
If you would like to apply
Please refer to this Assistant Programme Leader job application pack pdf (10 MB) which contains a comprehensive overview of the school and the Lecturer position, including Job Description and Person Specification. Additionally a simplified, text only version of the Programme Leader post is available here (150 KB).
Then please send the following to Ekaterina Drozdova, Human Resources Manager quoting reference FAD/APL to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A supporting statement demonstrating your suitability for the post. Please ensure this covers the essential criteria outlined within the Person Specification, providing examples to demonstrate / illustrate your suitability for this position. Please also state why you feel you are able to re-locate to Moscow at this time. This is equally important as we need to understand how you will be able to commit to a potential relocation to Moscow.
2. A pdf overview of your teaching practice. This should include examples of:
i. project briefs that you have written and delivered;
ii. examples of work produced by students that you have taught (annotated / contextualised);
iii. examples of timetabling / curriculum design / scheme’s of work that illustrate programme / project delivery
3. A pdf portfolio of your own professional practice;
4. Your CV.
Closing Date: 09:00 am GMT, Tuesday 3rd May 2016
Interviews: Interviews will be held in the UK at The University of Hertfordshire on Monday 16th May. Alternative interview arrangements can be made if necessary.
For more information on the programme:
- For an overview of the Foundation Diploma in Art & Design programme and examples of student work, please see this pdf presentation (15MB)
For more information about the British Higher School of Art & Design:
- To view a short video about the school and the surrounding area made by 2nd year BA (Hons) Graphic Design students, please see this video
For more information about Moscow:
- The Calvert Journal is a London based guide to the contemporary arts and culture of Moscow, Russia and Eastern Europe
- The Guardian recently hosted 'Moscow week' which has some interesting articles
- ‘Best in Moscow’ is a good guide to new and interesting places in Moscow
- You may also visit www.herts.ac.uk for more information about the University of Hertfordshire