The British Higher School of Art and Design continually develops and upgrades its information and technical resources to provide effective learning support and a welcoming environment.
The School occupies the total space of 6,500 square meters in the Design Centre Artplay on the Yauza river which is a unique zone in the centre of Moscow organised on the principle of creative hub and gathered well-known architects, designers, galleries and showrooms under its roof. Artplay is populated with warehouse type industrial spaces, now being refurbished and occupied by a diverse range of creative businesses which reflect the creative dynamism of the city and in particular within the surrounding area, which has become known as the creative quarter.
The School has a number of specially-equipped studios and workshops for students across a range of art and design courses. There are more that 350 powerful Apple Macintosh and PC computers available at the School. The Center of Model-making and Prototyping is equipped with various machines for working with metal, wood and plastics enabling the creation of upscale architectural models, product models and furniture. In addition, students are encouraged to use photo/video studios and dark rooms as well as fashion, printing, ceramics, etching and silk-screen workshops.
- Design cafe
- A wide range of printing facilities and an automated printing system accessible from any terminal
- Wi-Fi Internet access in all school buildings
- Open summer terrace on the roof
- Parking for students and staff
No other design school in Russia or its neighbours, whether state or private, can boast of such an impressive level of resources and equipment.
People are our main asset
- 200 highly qualified overseas and Russian staff involved in delivering the School’s academic programmes
- Over 1,500 talented and motivated students expanding their knowledge and developing their skills in a highly competitive environment